Nokia branded smartphones appear at its first ever IFA show and HMD introduced a couple of skilled Android mid-rangers – the Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 6.2. The duo are almost the same phone, with the 7.2 being the Pro model with better cameras and faster chipset.
Table of Contents
The Nokia 7.2 has a triple camera placed on a round camera island on the back. The main camera uses a large 1/2” sensor with 48MP resolution. HMD packed it with image processing magic to ensure great image quality – pixel binning is combined with image fusion and stacking. HDR shots combine up to 6 photos, the dedicated Night mode can go up to 20 on a tripod (10 if handheld).
The second camera is an 8MP ultra wide-angle shooter (118°). Finally, a 5MP depth sensor enables some ZEISS-branded effects, namely three bokeh styles – Modern, Swirl and Smooth.
The 20MP selfie camera can also utilize 4-in-1 pixel binning to enhance image quality. It and the rear cameras sport ZEISS lenses, of course.
This front camera is in a teardrop notch on the 6.3-inch LCD display. The display has 1080p+ resolution. It’s HDR10-enabled for streaming content (e.g. Amazon) and can upconvert SD footage into HDR.
The Nokia 7.2 is powered by the tried and true Snapdragon 660 chipset (HMD is not very adventurous with chipsets). The 660 is fast enough, but won’t set the world on fire. It’s coupled with 4/6GB of RAM and 64/128GB storage (eMMC). The card slot can hold two SIMs and a microSD card up to 512GB.
The phone runs Android 9 Pie out of the box and HMD has committed to update to Android 10 (HMD has been very fast in releasing updates). The phone will receive OS upgrades for 2 years and monthly security updates for 3 years.
The 7.2 packs a 3,500mAh battery with standard 10W charging over USB-C.
Nokia 7.2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – ROW
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – USA
- 4G bands:
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500) – ROW
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 13(700), 28(700), 66(1700/2100) – USA
- LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – IN
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps or LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: September, 2019
- Status: Available, September, 2019
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 71.2 x 8 mm (6.30 x 2.80 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 160 g (5.64 oz)
- Colours: Cyan Green, Charcoal, Ice
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic frame
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches, 99.1 cm2 (~87.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 5 MP, depth sensor
- Features: Zeiss optics, LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS)
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0
- Features: Zeiss optics, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (excl. LATAM, USA, IN)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery
- Charging: Battery charging 10W
Nokia 7.2 Pricing and Specifications
The Nokia 7.2 will be available at the end of September starting at €300 for the 4/65GB model. There are three color options: Cyan Green, Charcoal and Ice.
Nokia 7.2 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Nokia 7.2 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about Nokia 7.2 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.