Table of Contents
- 1 UMIDIGI F2 Specifications, Features and Price
- 2 UMIDIGI F2 Specs and Features
- 3 UMIDIGI F2 Full Specifications
- 4 UMIDIGI F2 Price and Availability
- 5 UMIDIGI F2 Review Rating
UMIDIGI F2 Specifications, Features and Price
The UMIDIGI F2 has been officially announced today. The successor of the Chinese company’s hot-selling UMIDIGI F1 comes with a professional-grade 48MP quad rear camera, the same 32MP selfie camera as Huawei’s new premium flagship HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro, a big, 5150mAh battery, and the latest stock Android 10.
UMIDIGI F2 Specs and Features
A huge improvement over the previous-gen flagship is the cameras. The F2 sports a quad rear camera setup consisting of a 48MP main camera, a 13MP ultra-wide camera, a 5MP macro camera, and a 5MP depth camera.
Also, a new night mode is available to capture better images in low light conditions while the ultra-wide mode helps you snap more content in a photo. Lastly, the macro mode is used when shooting something at a very close distance.
As for the selfie shooter, it sports a 32MP sensor -Samsung GD1- the same found in the Huawei Mate 30 Pro. It utilizes pixel binning for brighter and clearer selfies and users can also use AI beautify to enhance their facial features.
Hole Punch Display
The 6.53-inch FH+ display comes with a hole in the top left corner that hosts the 32MP front camera. The hole is just 4.5mm wide and it doesn’t distract the user at all.
UMIDIGI makes some very interesting devices and this one is the most powerful they’ve ever made as it sports the Helio P70 SoC backed by 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of fast UFS 2.1 internal storage. The faster UFS 2.1 flash storage was, until recently, only available in the premium flagship smartphones and now UMIDIGI brings it to the budget segment. In addition, the F2 comes with a big, 5150mAh battery with 18W fast charge support.
Nowadays, most phones look almost the same as there are little things you can do to differentiate your products from the competition. UMIDIGI manages to do that with the impressive Phantom Blue and Midnight Black colors and a curved texture on the back cover when the light hits on it.
Also, they’ve side-mounted the fingerprint sensor so the back cover looks clean and more consistent. Also, it sports a triple card slot so that you can use 2 SIM cards and Micro-SD card (up to 256GB) at the same time.
Android 10 and Other Features
Only a handful of devices can brag that they come with the latest Android 10 OS and UMIDIGI F2 is one of them. In addition, it is the first Android 10 smartphone that features a 48MP quad rear camera.
Moreso, the F2 is the first UMIDIGI that supports “OK Google” even when the screen is locked so you can activate the Google Assistant anytime. Of course, it supports multi-functional NFC and global network bands as well as dual-4G/LTE.
UMIDIGI F2 Full Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz. CDMA1X: BC0 /BC1
- 3G bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz. TD-SCDMA: B34 /39. CDMA EVDO: BC0 /BC
- 4G bands: LTE bands 1(2100 / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500) / 66() / 71()
- 5G bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Announced: September 23, 2019.
- Release Date: October 14, 2019.
Software / OS:
- Dimensions: 162.6 x 77.7 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 207g
- Colours: Phantom Blue. Midnight Black.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Physical Build: Dual glass.
- Type: IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass screen, punch hole display
- Size: 6.53 inches
- Resolution: 2340 x 1080 pixels,19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.1GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A73
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio P70.
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali G72 MP3 900MHz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 48 MP main + 13 MP ultra-wide + 5 MP depth + 5 MP macro, quad camera, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32 MP, f2.0 Aperture, AI Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio:
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; side-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB Type-C; USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 5150mAh
- Battery Charging: 18W Fast Charging
- Reverse Charging: No.
UMIDIGI F2 Price and Availability
The UMIDIGI F2 global sale will start on October 14th on Aliexpress. The company hasn’t revealed the price yet but we expect it to be less than $300 since the F1 sells for around $200. Of course, a launch promotion will be available bringing the price even lower during the presale period. You can add the F2 to cart now at the UMIDIGI Official Store on Aliexpress in case you miss the discounted open sale price on October 14th.
- Country Availability: Online.
- Price: $249.99 (Pre-order).
UMIDIGI F2 Review Rating
We are yet to review the UMIDIGI F2 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the UMIDIGI F2 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Know our website value with this calculator